Services > Provozovny > Region of Český Krumlov > Towns and villages in the region > Willages

Černá v Pošumaví

Černá v Pošumaví

Černá v Pošumaví 46
38223 Černá v Pošumaví
Contact: Jan Voldřich

Telephone: +420 380 744 106
Fax: +420 380 744 017

E-mail: starosta@cernavposumavi.cz
WWW: www.cernavposumavi.cz

Location: Region of Český Krumlov


Municipal office


Basic information

Logo

Geographical area : 5038 ha

Altitude : 728 m above sea level


Parts

Černá v Pošumaví, parts

Černá v Pošumaví
Bližná
Dolní Vltavice
Mokrá
Muckov
Train station

Cottage settlements:
- Jestřábí
- Radslav
- Plánička


Town History

The earlier Town_seal of Černá v Pošumaví History

Origin of the Name
1268 - Natschernerece (= na Černé řece)
1284 - Nachirnie
1483 - Czerna
1530 - Schwarczpach
1654 - Sswarczbach
1720 - Schwartzbach
1841 - Schwarzbach

The first written mention of the town is from 1268. The first settlement, named „Na černé řece" (on the black river) in the 13th century, lay right next to the estate of the Zvíkov burgrave Hrz (Hirzo - Hrzy?) who in 1268 gave the settlement over to the Zlatá Koruna Monastery. After the Hussite wars, the monastery with the settlement went over to the ownership of Český Krumlov and stayed there until the end of feudalism. In 1568 Jakub Krčín of Jelčany ordered a brewery to be added to the original one-storey chateau. The town's significance increased especially in the 18th century due to its advantageous position on the trade route between Český Krumlov, Austrian Aigen, and German Passau, but also because of its high quality graphite mines; indeed, the area ranked among the highest graphite producers in the world for several dozen years. The first mentions about graphite mining at Černa and Hůrka are from 60's of 18th century. In 1767 Prague Burgrave requested Krumlov municipality to send him sample of graphite which was mined by regional farmers. The farmers used graphite to lubricate wooden wheel axles and also as a polishing paste. When Viennese and Bavarian pigment businessmen learnt about graphite they taught the farmers to dry and to manually condition the graphite. Because graphite became export merchandise it began to be interesting for state administration. And result was that graphite was declared as exclusive raw material in 1811 and its querrying had to be submitted to strict mining laws and ordinances. In Černá were opened graphite mines in 1812 and were owned by Schwarzenbergs. Graphite was used for fabrication of pencils in Zlatá Koruna and in České Budějovice.


Local Historical structures

Chapel

Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary erected 1799-1800 on the site of a former wooden chapel; 1901-1904 modified in new romanesque, tower added. In present time is the tower under reconstruction.
Statue of St. Jan Nepomucký
Chapel at Dolní Vltavice
Chapel Divine torment (above village at roar to Černá v Pošumaví)


Nature

Nature

Černá v Pošumaví, lying on the shores of Lipno Dam, is the natural geographic center of the entire lake area. The widest area of the lake creates an ideal environment for recreation, swimming, and water sports including fishing. The town is within the šumava Protected Nature Reservation and nearbz zou can find the šumava National Park with well-marked hiking trails


Inclusion of the company in the catalogue of products and service: