Český Krumlov State Castle with its architectural standard, cultural tradition, and expanse ranks among the most important historic sights in the central European region. Originally Gothic castle from 13th century was enlarged in 14th century and it was rebuit in the Renaissance style in 16th century. In 17th and 18th centuries the castle was modified in the Baroque and the Rococo style.After the castle tour, but also after the visitor sees the garden and the whole area of the castle he or she can feel like in the Middle Ages when the nobility walked through the corridors.
One of the oldest castles in South Bohemia was built by the Family of Vítek around the mid 13th century. The medieval disposition of the castle consisted of the Lower and Upper Castle.
Originally royal castle from 14th century which was damaged by Jindřich of Rosenberg in 1395. In 1495 Peter IV. of Rosenberg invited there friary of St. Frank of Pauly to establish there paulanic monastery. Monastery with single-aisle church of St. Andrew never was finished and about 1530 wholly abandoned.
This eight-nave chapel of Our Lady Dolorous and the Holy Cross built in 1710 is vaulted by an eight-part arch and covered with a tent-like roof topped with a lantern and a double cross.
Today the fortress no longer exists. It was situated on the place of today's residential building from 18th century and its adjacent yard. The cellars underneath the residential building are the only remains of that fortress.
First mention about the church of St. Jiří is from 1359, in 1735 Gothic church was rebuilt and modified in Baroque style. In 1857 was built large vicarage next to the church. School was finished in 1858.
Church of St. Martin in Polná na Šumavě - original structure from the end of the 13th century. The presbytary, nave, and tower come from this time. The northern side chapel, used as a sacristy, came about during repairs from 1488, when the church was finished in late Gothic style. The church underwent a Renaissance reconstruction in 1653, when the tower was added.
Church of the Archangel Michael - the oldest original part is a Romanic sacristy, where the original vaults were replaced by a new one, and a Gothic presbytary was added in the 14th century. On the site of the destroyed Častolár church from 1557 a new three-knaved church was built in pseudogothic style in 1887.
First mention from 1259, main altar from 1770. Originally Gothic with preserved presbytary and tower walls. Remaining parts built in 1909 by František Schiffhaler.
Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary erected 1799-1800 on the site of a former wooden chapel; 1901-1904 modified in new romanesque, tower added.
Dívčí Kámen castle is one of the castles in Bohemia of which the foundation charter was preserved. Today Dívčí Kámen castle with its 210 metres of length and 45 metres of width is one of the largest castle ruins in Bohemia.
The fortified settlement of Chlum founded in the 13th century was reconstructed several times during its existence. Those reconstruction led to the fact that the settlement was changed into the farm yard in the 17th century.
Southeast house number 102 located the remains of "old" cemetery. From the data indicate that the cemetery was established before the year 1480 Were buried here, and all the Jews in Linz until 1863 until the establishment of a Jewish cemetery in Linz.
From the time the castle was established by Vítek z Krumlova (1220 - 1272) in the 13th century, it performed the function of a fortress and an administrative centre of the estates that were part of the growing dominion of the members of the Witigonen family. Their estates were spread on the both sides of today's border between the Czech Republic and Austria.
The little three-wing Baroque castle with the central projection of a wall and four bays on the corbels in the front east side. The Baroque church of Saint Jan Nepomucký is joined to the south wing of the little castle.
The construction of the Monastery started after its foundation, exactly in the mid-14th century. The temple Body of Christ arose probably as soon as in the 14th century, but the cloister of the monks was apparently finished only one and a half century later, toward the end of the 15th century.
Parish church of St. Jiljí - originally founded in 1279, today's building from around 1400. The main period of the building took place in the second half of the 15th century (finished in 1507). One of the best examples of South Bohemian late gothic.
Pilgrimage church of the Virgin Mary - the original church structure is from the late 13th century. The church was destroyed during the Hussite wars in 1422 and 1469, when the militia destroyed a school as well. Today's church was built in late Gothic style from 1471 to 1488. In 1670 the physician Ondřej Volkshofer from Krumlov commissioned an altar to be built.
Baroque sculpture with the heads of angels, images of Christ and Saint Florian´s, Saint Sebastian and Saint Jan Nepomucký´s Sculpture. It is situated on the common. It was built in the second half of 18th century after the plague epidemic.
St. Jan Nepomucký´s Statue created in 1726 is located on a three-sided column with reliefs of St. Dominik, St. Leonard, and St. Václav, and statues of St. Donát, St. Florián, and St. Roch.
Formerly on the site was a chapel or little church of St. Jošt. The church was established before 1334 by Peter I. von Rosenberg, and was a part of the Rosenbergs´ hospital (Latrán No. 13). The building remains with the preserved Gothic constructions and details.
A one-nave oblong building with a three-sided presbytery and an axial eastern sacristy. Three-axial western facade with rounded corners is topped by a shield gable with volutes and niches cut inside the round corners.
St. Michael archangel church in Horní Dvořiště is first mentioned in year 1252. It had been founded by Vok of Rožmberk and it has been presented as a parochial church till 1384.
The first and decisive impulse to build the Stations of the Cross in Frymburk parish gave landowner from Lipno Adalbert Donauer, who at the beginning of ninetieths of 19th century paid six hundred of golds „for granitiform Stations of the Cross“. Chapel was solemnly consecrated on 13. October 1898.
Built in Nouveau-Romanesque style in 1909 by the local Jewish community, the Cesky Krumlov Synagogue features an eight-sided tower with Torah-shaped windows.
The locality of Studenec near Rožmberk nad Vltavou is called after a well with miraculous water. There was a supported document issued in 1679 proving that it is allowed to celebrate masses in the newly built chapel. The chapel was given the name of St. Anna.
Originally known as the Church of St. Markéta. In 1339 it was mentioned as the branch of the Rožmberk Parish Church. Nikolaus of Malšín was a rector. The sacristy of our days used to be a chapel consisting of two square fields dating from the second half of the 13th century.
Only the ruins of the castle's fortification, fragments of the semicylindrical bastion and vigorous cylindrical tower situated on a narrow rocky spit above the Malše river were preserved to the present day.
The monastery was founded by Wok von Rosenberg in 1259. He called the Cistercians from Wilhering in Austria to there. On a wish of the founder the monastery became the monastery of the family. Together ten generations of the family were buried there.
The Preotected area of Žofín Primaeval Forest ranks among the highest possible protection category - National Park. It is situated in the middle part of the Novohradské Mountains.
|This project was cofounded by the South Bohemian Region|