Originally royal castle from 14th century which was damaged by Jindřich of Rosenberg in 1395. In 1495 Peter IV. of Rosenberg invited there friary of St. Frank of Pauly to establish there paulanic monastery. Monastery with single-aisle church of St. Andrew never was finished and about 1530 wholly abandoned.
Český Krumlov State Castle with its architectural standard, cultural tradition, and expanse ranks among the most important historic sights in the central European region. Originally Gothic castle from 13th century was enlarged in 14th century and it was rebuit in the Renaissance style in 16th century. In 17th and 18th centuries the castle was modified in the Baroque and the Rococo style.After the castle tour, but also after the visitor sees the garden and the whole area of the castle he or she can feel like in the Middle Ages when the nobility walked through the corridors.
Today the fortress no longer exists. It was situated on the place of today's residential building from 18th century and its adjacent yard. The cellars underneath the residential building are the only remains of that fortress.
Dívčí Kámen castle is one of the castles in Bohemia of which the foundation charter was preserved. Today Dívčí Kámen castle with its 210 metres of length and 45 metres of width is one of the largest castle ruins in Bohemia.
The fortified settlement of Chlum founded in the 13th century was reconstructed several times during its existence. Those reconstruction led to the fact that the settlement was changed into the farm yard in the 17th century.
From the time the castle was established by Vítek z Krumlova (1220 - 1272) in the 13th century, it performed the function of a fortress and an administrative centre of the estates that were part of the growing dominion of the members of the Witigonen family. Their estates were spread on the both sides of today's border between the Czech Republic and Austria.
The little three-wing Baroque castle with the central projection of a wall and four bays on the corbels in the front east side. The Baroque church of Saint Jan Nepomucký is joined to the south wing of the little castle.
One of the oldest castles in South Bohemia was built by the Family of Vítek around the mid 13th century. The medieval disposition of the castle consisted of the Lower and Upper Castle.
Only the ruins of the castle's fortification, fragments of the semicylindrical bastion and vigorous cylindrical tower situated on a narrow rocky spit above the Malše river were preserved to the present day.
|This project was cofounded by the South Bohemian Region|