This eight-nave chapel of Our Lady Dolorous and the Holy Cross built in 1710 is vaulted by an eight-part arch and covered with a tent-like roof topped with a lantern and a double cross.
The first and decisive impulse to build the Stations of the Cross in Frymburk parish gave landowner from Lipno Adalbert Donauer, who at the beginning of ninetieths of 19th century paid six hundred of golds „for granitiform Stations of the Cross“. Chapel was solemnly consecrated on 13. October 1898.
The locality of Studenec near Rožmberk nad Vltavou is called after a well with miraculous water. There was a supported document issued in 1679 proving that it is allowed to celebrate masses in the newly built chapel. The chapel was given the name of St. Anna.
|This project was cofounded by the South Bohemian Region|