Adalbert Stifter´s Monument is situated in the writer's natal house. The building can be characterized as a small-town ground floor cottage with the farming estate. In archival documentation it was mentioned for the first time as early as the beginning of 17th century.
Come join us for a trip through time! The new Castle Museum bring you to the times of the Lords of Krumlov, Rosenbergs and other noble houses residing in Český Krumlov over the centuries and transforming its appearance. You can see a number of precious artifacts from the Castle depositories and you can see films from the beginning of the 20th century in the cinema.
The aim of the museum exhibition in the ground floor of a house at the mill flume in the center of the town is to present documentation of the restoration of the city, which is detected by the development of interiors and facades of the building and some details of various local crafts townhouses.
The tradition of brewing beer in Český Krumlov goes back to the very beginnings of the town. The first written documentation is a deed from the reeve Michal from 1336. The increasing rate of beer consumption seemed to be reason enough to utilize the former estates of Anna of Roggendorf, mother of Wilhelm and Peter Wok von Rosenberg (Wilhelm von Rosenberg, Petr Wok von Rosenberg), for a new brewery. The estates, which since 1594 had been used for the Rožmberk armoury, were reconstructed from 1625-30 by townsman Václav Vlach into the new buildings of today's brewery. The new owner of Krumlov's castle and dominion, Johann Ulriich von Eggenberg, heralded the brewery into operation in 1630. The Czech Eggenberg property was inherited by the Schwarzenberg family in 1719, which meant a very significant age for the history of the brewery in that it was expanded to the form which we know today.
Complete baroque puppet theater, including the Baroque machinery. Occasional marionette production of the group and a puppet opera Don Giovanni, Magic Flute, Baroque opera Orfeo ed Euridice.
This small museum was founded thanks to the Village Authority in Bujanov, in cooperation with the Society for the Maintenace of the Horse-drawn Railway, and the South Bohemian Museum in České Budějovice.
Fairy Tale House in Český Krumlov - Puppet Cabinet of the National Museum - The puppets have been borrowed from the Theatre Department of the National Museum and from the Náprstek Museum of Asian, African and American Cultures in Prague.
At the present time the Regional Museum administers 22 000 registered items of the collection fund, i.e. next to 34 000 objects. The museum library contains a set of 5 000 books, more than 1/5 has a collection character.
Jihočeská komorní filharmonie (JKF) České Budějovice” is the official name of the orchestra, which was established in 1981 under the name of “Jihočeský státní orchestr” (South Bohemian State Orchestra). The orchestra currently has 37 members and it is the only professional philharmonic orchestra in the district of South Bohemia.
The Italian Courtyard is one of the most remarkable buildings in the historical centre of the city. The building was given its present appearance in the 16th century, when several Gothic houses were joined together.
|This project was cofounded by the South Bohemian Region|