First mention about the church of St. Jiří is from 1359, in 1735 Gothic church was rebuilt and modified in Baroque style. In 1857 was built large vicarage next to the church. School was finished in 1858.
Church of St. Martin in Polná na Šumavě - original structure from the end of the 13th century. The presbytary, nave, and tower come from this time. The northern side chapel, used as a sacristy, came about during repairs from 1488, when the church was finished in late Gothic style. The church underwent a Renaissance reconstruction in 1653, when the tower was added.
Church of the Archangel Michael - the oldest original part is a Romanic sacristy, where the original vaults were replaced by a new one, and a Gothic presbytary was added in the 14th century. On the site of the destroyed Častolár church from 1557 a new three-knaved church was built in pseudogothic style in 1887.
First mention from 1259, main altar from 1770. Originally Gothic with preserved presbytary and tower walls. Remaining parts built in 1909 by František Schiffhaler.
Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary erected 1799-1800 on the site of a former wooden chapel; 1901-1904 modified in new romanesque, tower added.
Parish church of St. Jiljí - originally founded in 1279, today's building from around 1400. The main period of the building took place in the second half of the 15th century (finished in 1507). One of the best examples of South Bohemian late gothic.
St. Michael archangel church in Horní Dvořiště is first mentioned in year 1252. It had been founded by Vok of Rožmberk and it has been presented as a parochial church till 1384.
The locality of Studenec near Rožmberk nad Vltavou is called after a well with miraculous water. There was a supported document issued in 1679 proving that it is allowed to celebrate masses in the newly built chapel. The chapel was given the name of St. Anna.
Originally known as the Church of St. Markéta. In 1339 it was mentioned as the branch of the Rožmberk Parish Church. Nikolaus of Malšín was a rector. The sacristy of our days used to be a chapel consisting of two square fields dating from the second half of the 13th century.
The monastery was founded by Wok von Rosenberg in 1259. He called the Cistercians from Wilhering in Austria to there. On a wish of the founder the monastery became the monastery of the family. Together ten generations of the family were buried there.
|This project was cofounded by the South Bohemian Region|