The historical centre of Český Krumlov is a designated pedestrian zone that vehicles can only enter with a special time-limited permit issued by the town authorities.
- permits can be purchased for CZK 100 for a maximum of 24 hours
- permits are issued by the Český Krumlov Municipal Police
- visitors can buy a permit from operators of accommodation facilities
- on the basis of a one-time permit, guests are only permitted to enter the pedestrian zone by vehicle from 3 p.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- a taxi service can be used to transport passengers and luggage outside these designated hours
- permits do not permit drivers to park their vehicles, but only to transport passengers and luggage to/from accommodation facilities