Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


How do I get to/from Prague?

There are both buses and trains operating between Český Krumlov and Prague. The bus journey last for about 3 hours and there are about 10 regular lines operating daily on this route. Prague-bound buses leave from the Bus station and from the Špičák bus stop. Train journey lasts approximately 4 hours. There are a few direct connections and mostly you need to change trains in České Budějovice. The train station is located 20 minutes walking distance away from the town center. If you have heavy luggage, we recommend taking a taxi to the train station. For more information, please view    

For direct connections Prague – Český Krumlov we recommend:

RegioJet (Studentagency)

How do I get to/from Linz? 

Traveling by a shuttle bus is by far the fastest and easiest way to get to/from Linz. Shuttle buses leave for Linz twice a day and the journey lasts for about 90 minutes. For more information on shuttle buses please inquire at the Infocenter.

Another option is to travel by bus or train to České Budějovice and there change for a train to Linz. There are several direct or indirect (change trains in Summerau) train lines to Linz daily. The direct train journey takes 2 to 3 hours and the indirect one 3 to 4 hours. For more information, please view 

How do I get to/from Vienna?

Traveling by a shuttle bus is by far the fastest and easiest way to get to/from Vienna. The journey to Vienna lasts for about 3 hours. For more information on shuttle buses please inquire at the Infocenter. Another option is to travel by bus or train to České Budějovice and there change for a train to Vienna. The train journey takes about 3.5 hours.
For more information, please view  

Are there any regular shuttle buses from Český Krumlov? Which destinations they cover?

There are shuttle buses operating daily from Český Krumlov to Linz, Vienna, Salzburg and Hallstatt. Shuttle buses will collect you in your hotel or guesthouse. More information.

When and where can I buy a train or bus ticket?

You can buy a bus ticket in the bus directly with the driver. However, for long distance bus lines (for example to Prague), we recommend buying your ticket and a seat reservation in advance in the Infocenter (Svornosti square) or in one of the other sales points. A train ticket may only be purchased at the train station or directly in the train.

Can I drive with my car into the town center? Where does the pedestrian-only zone begin?

The pedestrian-only zone in the historical center of Český Krumlov restricts the entry and parking of motorized vehicles. The historical center (pedestrian-only zone) begins at the Municipal Theatre (Horní street), at the Main Post Office (Latrán) and at the Municipal Courthouse (Linecká steet). You can download the town map with the pedestrian-only zone.

Where can I park my car for short and long term?

All information about parking can be found here


What are the current cultural affairs in Český Krumlov?

For the current offer of cultural affairs you can refer to the events calendar. For detailed information on current cultural affairs you can also inquire at the Infocenter.

Český Krumlov Card

Am I supposed to pay other extra fees once I have purchased the Cesky Krumlov Card?

No, there are no extra fees. The price you have paid is final.

Is guided tour of the castle included in the card?

No, guided tours of the castle are not included. Speaking about the "castle", the card entitles you to see the castle museum and tower.

How do I use the card? Do I simply show it at the entrance?

Yes, you are expected to show the purchased card at the entrance or at the cash desk. The card is penetrated by punching tongs.


What are the local culinary specialties? Where can I taste them?

Each restaurant offers something special. For a nice environment and Czech specials you can for example visit Šatlava tavern, Maštal restaurant, U Dwau Maryí tavern, Na louži pub, Eggenberg brewery restaurant. 

Other services 

Where are public toilets located? How much do they cost and what are the hours of operation?

Toilets are located in the town center (Horní street, 1st and 4th Castle courtyard) and also at parking lots (P1, P2 and P3), at the bus station and the Špičák bus stop. Wheelchair-access toilets are available in Horní street, on the 4th Castle courtyard and ath the P1 to P3 parking lots. For handicapped persons the toilet use is free of charge with a eurokey available from the Infocenter (against a refundable deposit of 500 CZK). For other visitors the fee for toilet use is 10 CZK. Most toilets are equipped with money changing machines so you can change banknotes into counts or change Euro to Czech crowns. Toilets located in the Horní street and at the parking lots P1 and P3 are open from 7 am to 7 pm daily, toilets at the parking lot P2 are open only from April till November. Other toilets have individual opening hours, usually from 9 am to 6 pm.1

Where can I get a free map of town and other promotional materials?

Promotional materials are available for free in the information centers and also on the web pages   
For download

Do the shops and restaurants accept Euro or do I have to pay in Czech crowns?

It is up to each owner's decision whether to accept Euro or not. Most shops and restaurants in the town center do accept Euro; however please remember that the exchange rate during such a transaction may not be the same as the official exchange rate in the banks. It may therefore be a better option to change Euro to Czech crowns in an exchange bureau and prevent possible misunderstanding.

Where are official exchange bureaus located? Where can I change money favorably?

There are several exchange bureaus and banks located directly in the town center where you can change money. It is always recommended to check the actual exchange rate and the service fees in advance. A list of current exchange rates must be visibly posted in all exchange locations.

How can I participate in the costumed parades during the Five-petalled Rose Festival?

If you wish to participate in the Five-petalled Rose Festival parades, please contact the organizer directly at the Municipal Theater. You need to do that at least one month before the event is held.

Where can I find information about my ancestors, relatives or friends?

This information can be searched on the following town departments:

  • Registry office, Cesky Krumlov
    Only direct relatives of searched persons can do so
    -  phone: +420 380 766 310; +420 380 766 322,
  • State Regional Archive in Trebon
    - phone: +420 384 721 128; e-mail: 
  • Branch of the State Regional Archive in Cesky Krumlov
    - phone: tel.: +420 380 711 872; e-mail: